Connecting “The Universe” to and with “The Earth”.
Painter – Artist - Aase Birkhaug ICA
Believing that surroundings can influence one` s health and mind, Painter and Physiotherapist Aase Birkhaug has combined her two passions by painting roses for a soothing effect on humans.
I am compared to the Mexican artist Frida Kahlo who said “ I paint flowers so that they shall not die “ and I say” I paint Roses so that I shall not die”. The impact on humans from nature, flora, botanics and for me the most beautiful flower “The Rose.”
We often search for answers to our questions and believe the complicated answer to be the solution to the complicated question. It is not always like that, if we use the words of the English Association of Healers: Healing is gentle, simple and effective.
Having fallen in love with flowers, nature and painting from early age, it was only natural to merge these factors together at some point, and by combining the aesthetic beauty of botany with her skills as a painter.
It is documented that colors have an effect on the sensory system, and some years ago I made the waiting room in my physiotherapy office into an exhibition for my paintings, so I discovered that it influenced the patients mental state.
My paintings are regularly described as very soft and mild. The color combinations I use are tastefully and delicately fused to make a motif that can be described as very soothing to the eye.
I discovered several years ago that Roses have a positive effect on me, almost like a “healing”, and the combination of the smell and the sight feels like a meditation, bringing about a certain calmness, which is something I try to reflect in my paintings.
I do my paintings in different media – Aquarelle – Tempera – Gouache – Oil – Acrylics and Pastel.
I have had exhibitions both in Norway and several countries abroad, internationally during the years 1990 – 2022.
115 international art exhibitions and art Biennales in the period 2016 - 2022.
The most important
1. Palazzo Rosso Genova Italy 2016 – Una Rosa e Una Rosa – 2 months
2. Amsterdam Whitney Gallery New York 2016 - 2017 - 2018
3. Florence Biennale 2017
4. Solo Exhibition Rome Italy 2018 – “The Rose Garden” at Galleri Il Collezionista
5. Chianciano Biennale 2018
6. Hageumung Museum South Corea Art Festival 2018 – 2 months and permanent.
7. London Art Biennale 2019
8. Solo Exhibition Fana Culture House 2019 – The Rose Garden Bergen Norway
9. The London Art Biennale 2021 , London United Kingdom
10. The Mediterranean International Art Prize 2021
11. The 1 st North American International Festival of Arts - Save The Planet 2021
12. Art Basel 2021 Switzerland - Art Screen TV
13. Segnalati Budapest november 2021 - Salvatore Russo
14. The Hageumung Museum South Korea 2022 sept oct.- Relative and Absolute Truth The Axis of Peace.
15. Group Exhibition International at Nigde Turkey by art director Safa Bute, 21 st of may – 10 th of June 2022.
16. The 59 th Biennale Di Venezia The MUSA Pavillion - We Are Reversal.
Since 2016 I have received 114 international art awards and international art prizes.
I have received many international art critics from known international art curators during the period 2016-2022.
A long list of publications as articles and books about my art published internationally the last three years as well in Switzerland, Monaco, Canada, Italy, London UK, Germany, Netherlands, Marocco, France, Middle East, Denmark, USA, New York, Miami, Los Angeles, Philippines, Dubai, Argentina and Norway.
Please do not hesitate to contact me requesting more information about me, my works, Art Prizes and Art Awards, Exhibitions and publications and prices for my artworks.
Link The London Art Biennale artist page 2019 with many Art Critics from international Art Curators and my full CV with more information : https://www.londonbiennale.co.uk/artist/aase-birkhaug
My book “THE ROSE GARDEN” published march 2018 in London UK & Musei di Chianciano : https://issuu.com/museodarte/docs/aasebirkhaug-therosegarden
My Book Artistic Visions published june 2017 in New York : https://issuu.com/amsterdamwhitneygallery/docs/artistic_visions_of_aase_birkhaug_i
Art Tour International : https://www.arttourinternational.com/aase-birkhaug/
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/aasebirkhaugart/
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/aasebirkhaug/
Aase Birkhaug ICA
Kunstner / Artist / Painter
Mobil: +47 906 97 379
Fax: +47 850 22 317
Grønnestølsvei 23 C - 5073 Bergen -NORGE
INTERNATIONAL CERTIFID ARTIST
ICA - International Certified Artist